Darkglass Microtubes 500v2 500W Bass Amp Head
The Microtubes 500v2 is a 500W amplifier equipped with an all-analog preamplifier, custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D Module, an ultra-quiet graphic equalizer, and a digital impulse-response cabinet emulator for DI outputs or headphones.
Front Panel Features
Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard ¼” mono cable.
Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
Use this push button to turn on or off the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage.
This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Microtubes Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft warm overdrive to a massive modern distortion sound.
This knob controls the high harmonic content of the Microtubes Engine via a variable low pass filter: crank it up for additional attack and definition or dim it down for a smoother sound, especially handy if already running bright clean EQ setting or cabinets with tweeters.
Use this knob to control Microtubes Engine’s output volume.
Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the DIstortion signal (Microtubes Engine).
This push-button switch selects between two overdrive voicings: B3K® mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
+-12dB at 80Hz. Use this knob to change the low content of the signal.
+-12dB at 250, 500,1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic eq control the mid content of the signal.
+-12dB at 5kHz. Use this knob to change the high content of the signal.
Use this knob to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
· No user-serviceable parts inside the amplifier. Do not open the amp.
· Never use the amp at a high moisture environment or near liquids.
· The Microtubes 500 can deliver more than 115 dB of power. Exposure to this level of sound can damage your hearing. Use proper hearing protection if you will be exposed.
· The Microtubes 500 can deliver more than 500 Watts. Be sure that your speaker cabinet is able to deliver that power.
· Do not cover the vent holes. The Fan and vent holes are part of the cooling system of the amp. Covering the vent holes can damage the power amp by overheating it.
· Don’t use an instrument cable as speaker cable. An instrument cable is not designed to deliver the type of power signals sent from the amplifier to the speaker.
Back Panel Features
Use this connector to connect the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or ¼” speaker cable operation.
WARNING: Do not use an instrument cable with this jack. Using an instrument cable can damage your amplifier.
Use this output to send the signal to effects pedals.
Use this input to receive the signal from effects pedals. Master volume control is after this input.
Use this control to lift the ground of the DI XLR output. If you are experiencing ground noise in your DI signal try changing the setting of this control.
Use this connector to send your signal to the console, mic preamp, interface, etc. Both signals are available (Bypass and the amp signal with cabinet simulation) and are switched from the cab select switch.
The USB connector allows you to use the Darkglass Suite to load different cabinet impulses or change different parameters on your amp.
Connect your Headphones and enjoy the impulse based cabinet emulation.
Use this connector to provide to the Headphone output music from your laptop, cellphone, mp3 player, etc.
Use this switch to navigate between the 3 different cabinet impulses or the clean DI signal.
The Intelligent Footswitch is proprietary digitally controlled device that allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Microtubes Engine. You can also hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The VMT/B3K® push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
· You can use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch.
· You must remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
Use this connector to feed electric power to the amplifier. 100 - 230 VAC, 50Hz-60.
AC Power ON/OFF
Use this Switch to release the audio energy from your bass.
We Also Recommend
Darkglass Alpha Omega 900 Bass Amplifier